Is my dog agressif ?

Health, Breeds Standard etc.
Debster

Hello, is there someone who can give me some advise. I have a dog from Romenia wich is i think a Romanesc Miortic. I toke him in my house because the people who had adopted him didn't came to pick him up and he was so sad in the shelter. When he came to holland it was a shy dog and a bit scared. His coat was full of dirt and knots. We shaved him and he became a lovely dog. But now after 3 weeks he has changed...he is stil lovely for us but outside and wen we get visitors he turns in to a very evil dog. Today he tried to atack someone .He is about 7 years.He was a chain dog. What can we do , how must we handel this? Must we realy be afraid that he would harm someone or us? There is nobody in holland who i can ask things about this dog. Please help !

Raul Petruț

Hi There,

It sound serious....most certainly he feels that is his own territory now and that's why he changed his temperament lately, however, there may be quite a few reasons for his sudden change of temperament, but definitely something triggered that.. The safest and fastest solution that comes in my head right now is that you should build him a kennel. Its safer for you and safer for him.

Mioritics are very smart, well balanced dogs. Do you think is possible to upload some pisc with him? As I have my doubts that he is a pure-breed, although, all dogs can be dog-aggressive or human-aggressive in the wrong hands or under the wrong treatment.

Looking forward to your updates :)

Nu mai sunt nici Cânii bătrâni
Iar poienile-s pline spini
Nu mai e nici Florica
Mândră mai purta clopoțica
Multe trec, multe vin...
Numai amintiri rămân..
alinzmara

Hi Raul,

Put some pictures with him, and we can tell you if is 100% procent mioritic.
Anyway if it has 7 years, and was told to protect his place(house) will be difficult cu change him, because he is doing his job, what he learn in the past. In time he may change a little, but anyway he will protect you and your house anytime, some dogs from this kind/type of dogs are ready to dai for his master. Some of them are very agressive, depend on how he was told to be.
Be kind with him, and do not let alone someone inside your home, he may consider that is an enamy for the house :)

Regards,
Alin

Debster

Look at Brutus now!
He has changed so much! He is now a lovely dog, he plays with our other dogs and is happy.
We know now that he only doesn't like it wen visitors leave our house and that he can bite. So we have to work on that.This was after two days in holland

This is Brutus now

Debster

And do you think it is an Mioritic? His hair is still growing.

Raul Petruț

Hi Debster,

I'm glad that everything settled down smoothly. With some work you will be able to correct all his bad habits :)

BTW, he's gorgeous. Keep us posted with more pics :)

Nu mai sunt nici Cânii bătrâni
Iar poienile-s pline spini
Nu mai e nici Florica
Mândră mai purta clopoțica
Multe trec, multe vin...
Numai amintiri rămân..
Debster

Thank you :D I will post more photo's . I am proud to be the owner of Brutus and proud to show pictures of him and my other dogs.

Debster

Spot the different.

It get's better and better with our teddy bear.

Cristian

Woww he is beautiful and beautifu. How is his behaviour :?: is he still agressive :?: the mioritic is such a wondefull breed of dog. How many mioritics are in your country :?:

Debster

His behaviour is good! Only when strangers come in the house he doesn't like that, and we don't know if he would attack. When our daughter brings friends in the house then we put Brutus outside and when we get visitors we always stay between Brutus and our guest. For us he is wonderfull but it is a strange dog , we love him. I do not know how many Mioritics are living here. I never saw one and i don't think there are more Mioritics in our country. When we take another dog it sure will be an Mioritic.

lilith

You have a beautiful mioritic, congrats! Where are you from? Maybe somebody can guide you to other mioritic owners in your area. :)

Return to “All about Romanian Sheepdogs”