Teaching our Mioritic not to nip

Health, Breeds Standard etc.
Froelich

Dear fellow Mioritic owners,

We have a four month old female. She is a beautiful puppy. She has a tendency to nip/bite when she is playful. Do you have any advice for us on how to stop this behavior?

Thank you very much.

Maria-Adela

Hello Froelich have you tried to use a rope for dogs and let your puppy to bite the rope ? I think it will like to bite it. :P

Raul Petruț

Hi Froelich,

My pup bites as well, so the first think he learned was "No" and believe me it works...well to a point at least :). Also I've bought him loads of toys with diff textures and from various materials juts to keep him interested. Honestly all the pups I had (different breeds) were biting/nipping while still pups, thus, its in a way a dogs thing rather than a particular breeds thing.

So I don't thing you should wary, as long as he receives a proper training with a firm hand, it should pass this moment and behave just the way you want him to....or he thinks you want him to. You will see that the Mioritics are very smart dogs, so its not always in the dog, but in the owner and the training/hobbits passed to the dog.

Please add some pictures and more details as we are all curious to see your pup.

Nu mai sunt nici Cânii bătrâni
Iar poienile-s pline spini
Nu mai e nici Florica
Mândră mai purta clopoțica
Multe trec, multe vin...
Numai amintiri rămân..
Froelich

Thank you very much Raul. We will go out and get some more toys for her! Also, we are having a professional trainer come tomorrow to help us. I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Froelich

Thank you Maria-Adela. That is a great suggestion!

Oliviu Secara
Site Admin

Froelich wrote:Thank you very much Raul. We will go out and get some more toys for her! Also, we are having a professional trainer come tomorrow to help us. I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to do it.
Hello,
For adding pictures I suggest to use https://www.photobucket.com as a hosting site for your pictures. After you make an account and upload the photos you want on photobucket.com you can easy post them on the forum.
It is quick and easy !
You have to copy the Direct Link of each photo and then you paste it (insert it) between img tags "Image"
See the pictures below:

„Iar când veni şi vremea să urle-n zare tunul, / Mişcatu-s-au românii cu miile, ca unul”

Return to “All about Romanian Sheepdogs”